Path and distance tools were designed to help hunters measure two points on the map, or record a walking path as you blood trail or navigate to your tree stand or blind in the dark.
Add a Path
To get started, tap the Add to Map Menu. This will open the menu and display the various tools available to choose from.
Tap the map to add points to create your path.
Tap Save when complete. This will open Give this Path a name view.
Enter a name for your new Path.
When finished, tap Save.
|Your Path will now appear on the map.|
|You can tap your shape to see distance, share, add notes, and more.|
Record a Walking Path
- To get started, tap the Add to Map Menu. This will open the menu and display the various tools available to choose from.
- Tap Record a Walking Path.
- This may prompt your device to update your Location Permission Authorization. This is just to use your GPS in your device to track and record your walking path.
- Continue or Update your Location Authorization (if needed)
- The map will then shift to your current location. At the top you will see a clock counting up, this tracks the time necessary to create your walking path.
- Begin walking and HuntWise will automatically create your walking path.
- When finished, tap the clock in the top center of your device's screen. This will open the New Recording modal giving your options to complete your path.
- Finish & Save Track: This completes your walking path and saves it to the map.
- Pause Recording: This pauses your recording, and allows you to resume later.
- Delete Track: Deletes the track.
- Cancel: Return to the map to continue tracking your walking path.
- Once saved, the Walking Path will appear on the map.